Don't miss our holiday offer - Financial Aid Program! (Limited Time Offer).
What leads to Litigation & BON Reporting?
• Abuse or Boundary Violations.
• Impairment/Diversion and Fraud.
• Practice Errors with Medications being the most common.
– Not questioning or clarifying unclear orders
– Decimal point/math errors – Omission of medication/not reporting abnormal labs
– Not reporting changes in condition in a timely fashion.
– Medication is given but, was not documented.
– Poor communication with patient and/or family.
– Lack of patient/family teaching.
As a supervisor, you can be held responsible for subordinates’ actions if they could have been avoided by training, policies, staffing, etc.