Don't miss our holiday offer - Financial Aid Program! (Limited Time Offer).
ANA’s Principles for Social Networking For Nurse Refreshers and Active Nurses
- Nurses must not transmit or place online individually identifiable patient information.
- Nurses must observe ethically prescribed professional patient – nurse boundaries.
- Nurses should understand that patients,
- colleagues, institutions, and employers may view postings.
- Nurses should take advantage of privacy settings and seek to separate personal and professional information online.
- Nurses should bring content that could harm a patient’s privacy, rights, or welfare to the attention of appropriate authorities.
- Nurses should participate in developing
- institutional policies governing online conduct.